Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday Cat Blogging, My First

I have not previously tried the traditional "Friday X Blogging" (X being whatever the blog owner collects), but I figure as I start to make my blog more regular I should join in some traditional blogging practices.

Anyway one hiccup is that despite the handle "NewsCat", in fact I do not own a cat. However in the four years in DC I've had three roommates with five cats live in my apartment (fortunately not all at once). The above cat (and my new logo) is my current roommate's cat and he's definately the best cat I've lived with yet.

His name is Al and he's deaf. He's also quite dog-like in the terms of friendliness and a canine-like habit of licking people. Al has a sister, Lena. Here they are together.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Al is sweet. I love blue-collar names for cats. With his husky frame and grumpy nature, my cat personifies my late Uncle Ralph.

--Kris