Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Super Valentine's Day Chocolate Edition

Well its Valentine's Day and speaking of chocolate and "love" I find it pretty interesting that for 25 years hershey's kisses kisses were just plain chocolate. Weren't they invented in the '70s. Then sometime in the '90s they added white chocolate "Hugs." (I think they're still around). Now there are:

  1. Hershey's Kisses (plain)
  2. Almond
  3. Dark
  4. Caramel
  5. Peanut Butter
  6. Hugs (white chocolate)

Forgive me if there's any I'm forgetting. Maybe they'll have a peanut version soon. There's also a "Kissables" which are basically M & Ms but in hershey kiss form. I actually like them a lot. But I can't rightly add them to the list. I think I remember hearing an Adam Corrolla rant on Loveline about the issue of candy branding. That basically instead of "inventing" new candy bars confectioner's are now basically adding an old recognizable brand name to a new combination. Like "Kissables" instead simply calling them "buttons" or whatever. They've done that with Snickers Almond and Snickers Crunch. The new Take 5 (which I haven't tried) is one of the few "new" candy bars to get an original name.

I just wanted to add that I finally made a blog post that had a topic (chocolate) , theme and title to match. Yay, me!

UPDATE: Apparently I have missed quite a few other Hershey Kiss variations. There's also a new Cherry Cordial and Dulce de Leche versions as well.

No comments: